[Disksim-users] Can DiskSim use SSD as a cache for a disk?

David Maung dmaung at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 3 14:47:37 EDT 2009

I think it would work.  Section 3.4.10 of disksim4-manual.pdf describes
using one device as a cache for another.  A sample file to start with is
disksim-4.0/valid/synthcachedev.parv.  I would:

1) modify that file to add an SSD device (perhaps copying the "ssdmodel_ssd
SSD {...}" section from a .parv file in the ssdmodel/valid subdirectory),
2) add it to the topology under BUS1, and
3) change the "cache device" line to refer to the SSD device, and give it a
test.