[Disksim-users] patch to DiskSim-3.0 to build with recent gcc's ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Jul 10 16:24:27 EDT 2007

So,

	I hope patches are welcome to DiskSim; I had some problems building it
on a recent Linux system, and not wanting to go back to some ancient
compiler - and, given that most of the new gcc errors are
sub-optimalities in the code - I though a patch might be appreciated.

	Also, out of interest - to avoid duplicating work; is there a revision
control system in use for DiskSim ? I would recommend 'git' of course -
if there are setup problems with that: git only requires a single shell
account with a ~/public_html directory.

	It'd also be nice to get some idea of the "live-ness" of this project
(before I dive in too far), how actively is DiskSim maintained &
developed ?

	Thanks guys,

		Michael.