[Disksim-users] Data layout and control flow in disksim

Lakshmi Ganesh lakshmi at cs.cornell.edu
Mon Jul 9 12:36:45 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to simulate a log-structured storage system using disksim.
Could you give me pointers on how to go about this? I couldn't find
implementation details about the layout module anywhere (yes, I realize
that the code *is* the documentation sometimes :-) ). Some things that I
want to find out:
1. How do I set the size of a block?
2. How do I alter the lbn-to-pbn mapping?

It would also be really helpful if someone could take me through the
steps of how a single read or write access is processed by disksim. I've
step-ed my way through several runs to try to understand the control
flow, but I'm still hazy on the big picture.

Thank you!
- Lakshmi