Compiling Cyrus SASL 2.1.26 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Guruprasad Kulkarni gkulkarni at gridcosystems.com
Mon Nov 17 17:46:05 EST 2014

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your replies.

I installed libssl-dev, sasl2-dev and this didnt solve the problem.

I built cyrus-sasl 2.1.26 (I had to tell it location of openssl -
/usr/include/openssl/ and saslauthd=/var/run/saslauthd)

cyrus-sasl 2.1.26 built successfully. Atleast I didn't get any fatal errors.

Now openldap gave an error saying it could not find libsasl2.so.3

Is this file created by cyrus-sasl in the latest release or did I do
something wrong?

I configured it using the command "./configure --disable-digest" and then
"make && make install"

I just need a confirmation if this file is created or not. If not then I
need to bring this to the attention of openldap guys.

-Guruprasad