Compiling Cyrus SASL 2.1.26 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Sat Nov 15 00:05:55 EST 2014

--On November 14, 2014 at 7:42:23 PM -0600 Edgar Pettijohn III
<edgar at pettijohn.no-ip.biz> wrote:

> I had to use the option --without-saslauthd to make it work as well
>

> But now I ran into a problem with openldap2.4.40 which requires me to use
> cyrus-sasl
>

> The error I get is:  error while loading shared libraries: libsasl2.so.3:

They emailed the openldap-technical list about this as well.  The error is
from OpenLDAP, and it is because they've failed to correctly build their
OpenLDAP binaries so that they know the run path to libsasl2.  Software
compiling 101.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount