Compiling Cyrus SASL 2.1.26 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Mon Nov 17 18:03:57 EST 2014

--On November 17, 2014 at 5:46:05 PM -0500 Guruprasad Kulkarni
<gkulkarni at gridcosystems.com> wrote:

> I just need a confirmation if this file is created or not. If not then I
> need to bring this to the attention of openldap guys.

You're emailing the wrong list, and again, the issue is that you're not
providing the full amount of information necessary while building.  Thus
the resulting OpenLDAP binaries cannot find your libsasl2 library.

I.e, your LDFLAGS are not set correctly when building, so OpenLDAP doesn't
know the rpath to your cyrus-sasl libraries.

<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13821341/how-do-i-specify-rpath-in-my-makefile>
may help you further.

--Quanah

--