Cyrus as reaylhost, Authentification

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Wed Jan 31 09:53:49 EST 2007

On Wednesday January 31, 2007 at 09:14:29 (AM) RK Test wrote:

> Okay, thanks for your answer. I've read and tried to configure, googled,
> but i failed :(
> And both servers use Postfix.
>
> main.cf local server:
> smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
> smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/smtp_auth
> smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
> relayhost = [www.mymailserver.de]
>
> smtp_auth:
> www.mymailserver.de   username:password
>
> external mailserver main.cf
> smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
> smtpd_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
>
> sasl_passwd:
> local.machine.de     username:password
>
> I tried a lot, change usernames, passwords, main.cf ... but i only got:
>
> status=bounced (host www.mymailserver.de[ser.ver.i.p] said: 554
> <email at gmx.de>: Relay access denied (in reply to RCPT TO command))
>
> Where is my mistake? When the server would try to autentificate the smtp
> error message should not be relay access denied. I think he still
> doesn't autentificate, but why? btw: i always postmapped smth_auth and
> sasl_passwd.

I think you would be better served if you submitted this question to the
Postfix mail forum. You must be a member to submit questions. You can
sign up using the following

1) To receive list mail, send mail to majordomo at postfix.org
with content (not subject) one or more of the following commands:

subscribe postfix-announce
subscribe postfix-users
subscribe postfix-users-digest
subscribe postfix-devel

You probably want to use: subscribe postfix-users.

If you do decide to go that route, be sure to include the output of:

	postconf -n

with you question. Please do not mangle the output of 'postfix -n'
anymore than required. You should also include the relevant contents of
your mail log file.

Ciao

--
Gerard

Scitum est inter caecos luscum regnare posse.
(It is well known, that among the blind the one-eyed man is king.)

	Gerard Didier Erasmus