Cyrus as reaylhost, Authentification

RK Test r.kuznik at aci-anhalt.de
Wed Jan 31 09:14:29 EST 2007

Okay, thanks for your answer. I've read and tried to configure, googled,
but i failed :(
And both servers use Postfix.

main.cf local server:
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/smtp_auth
relayhost = [www.mymailserver.de]

smtp_auth:
www.mymailserver.de   username:password

external mailserver main.cf
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd

sasl_passwd:
local.machine.de     username:password

I tried a lot, change usernames, passwords, main.cf ... but i only got:

status=bounced (host www.mymailserver.de[ser.ver.i.p] said: 554
<email at gmx.de>: Relay access denied (in reply to RCPT TO command))

Where is my mistake? When the server would try to autentificate the smtp
error message should not be relay access denied. I think he still
doesn't autentificate, but why? btw: i always postmapped smth_auth and
sasl_passwd.

Thanks, Ricardo