Cyrus as reaylhost, Authentification

Andreas Winkelmann ml at awinkelmann.de
Wed Jan 31 11:13:05 EST 2007

On Wednesday 31 January 2007 15:14, RK Test wrote:

> Okay, thanks for your answer. I've read and tried to configure, googled,
> but i failed :(
> And both servers use Postfix.
>
> main.cf local server:
> smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
> smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/smtp_auth
> smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
> relayhost = [www.mymailserver.de]
>
> smtp_auth:
> www.mymailserver.de   username:password

The Host (Left hand Side) from this Map should be equal to the Relayhost
Setting. "www.mymailserver.de" != "[www.mymailserver.de]"

[www.mymailserver.de]	username:password

> external mailserver main.cf
> smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes

> smtpd_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd

There is no such Option. You have to configure Cyrus-SASL and specify a
User/Password Database. Either use sasldb or saslauthd with an appropriate
Backend (Maybe pam or shadow).

And of course you have to install the same Cyrus-SASL Mechanisms on each
Server. If you use sasldb best to choose cram-md5 or digest-md5.

Hmm, there are Examples in SASL_README for setting up Postfix as Server, too.
Please read it again.

--
	Andreas