Windows Interop

Kai Blin blin at gmx.net
Thu Jan 11 17:03:10 EST 2007

On Thursday 11 January 2007 19:42, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> Windows does have a SASL API.  It's layered on top of the SSPI, and
> msdn documents the calls themselves.  I would assume that they work,
> at least for email clients.

Are there any apps out there that use this at all? As far as I can tell, SSPI
itself is only used by a handful of applications. The SASL api seems to be
quite new, and used on server platforms only.

> Anybody got any information or examples or pointers at all on using
> the Windows API?  I don't find anything google'ing for the routine
> names, except people as confused as we are.

If you can point me at a Windows app using this, I'll look at implementing
this API in Wine. I'll be able to tell you a lot about it afterwards.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin, <blin At gmx Dot net>