Problem with Cyrus-SASL with auxprop-mysql and Postfix

Roberto C. Sanchez roberto at connexer.com
Sat Feb 10 18:18:18 EST 2007

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 11:44:10PM +0100, Jens Mittag wrote:

> The smtpd.conf I used for this approach is:
>
> pwcheck_method: authdaemond
> log_level: 7
> mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN
> authdaemond_path: /var/run/courier/authdaemon/socket

That is exactly what I have in my smtpd.conf.

> The socket file exists and is readable by the user postfix... whats wrong?

What are the permissions on the authdaemon directory?

On my system it looks like this:

# ls -ld /var/run/courier/authdaemon/
drwxrwx---  2 daemon daemon 4096 Jan 16 21:11 /var/run/courier/authdaemon/

The next question is whether or not postfix is in the daemon group:

# grep ^daemon /etc/group
daemon:x:1:postfix

Also, what are the contents of your /etc/courier/authdaemonrc and
/etc/courier/authmysqlrc files?

Regards,

-Roberto

--