Problem with Cyrus-SASL with auxprop-mysql and Postfix

Jens Mittag thomas-moore at gmx.net
Sat Feb 10 18:37:23 EST 2007

Am Samstag, den 10.02.2007, 18:18 -0500 schrieb Roberto C. Sanchez:
> On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 11:44:10PM +0100, Jens Mittag wrote:
> >
> > The smtpd.conf I used for this approach is:
> >
> > pwcheck_method: authdaemond
> > log_level: 7
> > mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN
> > authdaemond_path: /var/run/courier/authdaemon/socket
> >
> That is exactly what I have in my smtpd.conf.
>
> > The socket file exists and is readable by the user postfix... whats
wrong?

> What are the permissions on the authdaemon directory?
>
> On my system it looks like this:
>
> # ls -ld /var/run/courier/authdaemon/
> drwxrwx---  2 daemon daemon 4096 Jan 16
21:11 /var/run/courier/authdaemon/

#ls -ld /var/run/courier/authdaemon/
drwxr-xr-x 2 daemon daemon 100 Feb 10 22:29 /var/run/courier/authdaemon/

I also added

> The next question is whether or not postfix is in the daemon group:
>
> # grep ^daemon /etc/group
> daemon:x:1:postfix

Same as for you:

# grep ^daemon /etc/group
daemon:x:1:postfix

> Also, what are the contents of your /etc/courier/authdaemonrc and
> /etc/courier/authmysqlrc files?

Okay... here we go:

/etc/courier/authdaemonrc
authmodulelist="authmysql authpam"
authmodulelistorig="authcustom authcram authuserdb authldap authpgsql
authmysql authpam"
daemons=5
version=""
authdaemonvar=/var/run/courier/authdaemon

/etc/courier/authmysqlrc
MYSQL_SERVER            127.0.0.1
MYSQL_USERNAME          postfix
MYSQL_PASSWORD          passwort
MYSQL_DATABASE          postfix
MYSQL_USER_TABLE        mailbox
MYSQL_UID_FIELD         uid
MYSQL_GID_FIELD         gid
MYSQL_HOME_FIELD        home
MYSQL_LOGIN_FIELD       username
MYSQL_MAILDIR_FIELD     maildir
MYSQL_NAME_FIELD        name
MYSQL_CLEAR_PWFIELD     password
MYSQL_OPT               0

Since I have setup authdaemon on a different server in the past where
this setup worked, I don't see the problem...

cheers
 Jens