Best practices for cyrus-sasl development

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at symas.com
Tue Feb 18 12:36:31 EST 2020

Hello,

I'm starting to go through the issues queue and pending pull requests, and
would like to start merging in some fixes.  However, I'd like to know what
procedure(s) etc should be followed, if they exist.  Also, I have questions
on the overall state of the git repo.

There is a cyrus-sasl-2.1 branch that seems to have not been touched since
2011.  It appears that cyrus-sasl-2.1.27 was cut off of the master branch?

This seems like an odd development path, I would have expected 2.1.27 to
come from the 2.1 release branch generally.

Can anyone provide information on what the intention is with the repo?
Should all work simply be done against master, and all releases cut from
it?  Should the 2.1 release branch be caught up with master and then used
for releases after that point?

Thanks,
Quanah

--