Cyrus 2.5.12 - 'reconstruct' - doesn't?

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Wed Mar 13 09:55:28 EDT 2019

Hi,

> I have a Cyrus 2.5.12 server running under FreeBSD. The other day I found
> thousands of files in an old mailbox.
>
> The client can't see any of them - so I thought "Ok, I'll reconstruct the
> mailbox"
>
> Reconstruct runs, and returns instantly - but the client still can't see
> the files.
>
> As a last ditch "fix it or kill it" - I removed the cyrus.header and
> cyrus.index files from that folder.
>
> I expected reconstruct to rebuild them - based on the thousands of
> "xxxx." files in that folder - but it didn't. It just returns instantly,
> and no cyrus. files are created.
>
> The mailbox does exist (i.e. if I dump the mailbox database it is listed)
> - and clients can see the folder, just no messages in it.
>
> Any suggestion? - Is there any way to get reconstruct to be more chatty
> about what it's doing / not doing?

we're still on 2.4, but in my experience reconstruct doesn't recognize
folders when there aren't any cyrus. files. Try to create empty cyrus.index
and cyrus.header files (e.g. with touch), and run reconstruct afterwards.
That should work.
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121, Zimmer 2.02
Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK)