Cyrus 2.5.12 - 'reconstruct' - doesn't?

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Wed Mar 13 09:35:16 EDT 2019

Hi,

I have a Cyrus 2.5.12 server running under FreeBSD. The other day I found
thousands of files in an old mailbox.

The client can't see any of them - so I thought "Ok, I'll reconstruct the
mailbox"

Reconstruct runs, and returns instantly - but the client still can't see
the files.

As a last ditch "fix it or kill it" - I removed the cyrus.header and
cyrus.index files from that folder.

I expected reconstruct to rebuild them - based on the thousands of "xxxx."
files in that folder - but it didn't. It just returns instantly, and no
cyrus. files are created.

The mailbox does exist (i.e. if I dump the mailbox database it is listed) -
and clients can see the folder, just no messages in it.

Any suggestion? - Is there any way to get reconstruct to be more chatty
about what it's doing / not doing?

Thanks,

-Karl