Minutes Aug 21

Partha Susarla partha at fastmailteam.com
Tue Aug 22 18:03:21 EDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017, at 04:15 PM, Chris Davies wrote:
>> * regarding CI - have working setup with cyrus.works, but it has
>>   issues with manual work needed for libs update.>
> Changes pushed to git will be picked up by cyrus.works. Cyrus.works
> runs Cyrus docker images[1]. Occasionally these will need to be
> updated. Anyone with Git access can do this. I believe these were
> originally created by Kolab but I’m happy to maintain the ones we need
> for Cyrus.works.>
> We cache some things that rarely change to improve the build
> performance. This brings the build time down from about 34 minutes to
> about 15. This cache is automatically cleared once a week.>
> We had plans to expose the ability to clear that cache via Slack and
> those plans have been put on hold while we explore Travis CI.>
>
>>   - Relies heavily on Chris right now.
> We're working to transfer knowledge to Partha.
I'm working on this with Chris.

>>   - many of the scripts are known only to Chris.
>
> What scripts are these?

scripts/configuration that like the error parsing for example. But as I
mentioned in the weekly, you've been educating me (and Ellie on
occasions) about these.
>>   - wants to know if can completely get rid of Jenkins and use Travis
>>     completely?>
> We're currently gathering requirements for Cyrus test infrastructure.
> Once we're satisfied with that list we'll see what technology we need
> and create a plan.Agreed. We have advantages(and limitations) from both Jenkins and
Travis, we just need to figure out the path to least
overheads(maintenance, infrastructure etc.)

Links:

  1. https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-docker