Minutes Aug 21

Chris Davies chris at fastmail.com
Tue Aug 22 02:15:37 EDT 2017

> * regarding CI - have working setup with cyrus.works, but it has
>   issues with manual work needed for libs update.
Changes pushed to git will be picked up by cyrus.works. Cyrus.works runs
Cyrus docker images[1]. Occasionally these will need to be updated.
Anyone with Git access can do this. I believe these were originally
created by Kolab but I’m happy to maintain the ones we need for
Cyrus.works.
We cache some things that rarely change to improve the build
performance. This brings the build time down from about 34 minutes to
about 15. This cache is automatically cleared once a week.
We had plans to expose the ability to clear that cache via Slack and
those plans have been put on hold while we explore Travis CI.

>   - Relies heavily on Chris right now.
We're working to transfer knowledge to Partha.

>   - many of the scripts are known only to Chris.

What scripts are these?

>   - wants to know if can completely get rid of Jenkins and use Travis
>     completely?
We're currently gathering requirements for Cyrus test infrastructure.
Once we're satisfied with that list we'll see what technology we need
and create a plan.
Chris

Links:

  1. https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-docker