Minutes Aug 21
brong at fastmailteam.com
Mon Aug 21 08:47:14 EDT 2017
Present: Bron, Ken, Nicola, Robert, ellie, Partha
* believes he has all the non-scheduling sharing stuff done
* just need to do some testing with real clients to make sure what they
need to see advertised does get advertised so they know they can write
alarms for read-only stuff.* there are tasks in LP - do they have associated issues? Nicola -
imagine there are placeholders for tracking time.* Nicola: if something has its own email address, i.e. meeting room -
there's no oversight if somebody declines.* do I need to look at calalarmd? Probably yes.
How will we test all this? Run up a fastmail instance on a
* can cassandane run with valgrind? Yes - but not default.
* SRS sieve patch from one of the dicerolls, will make sure it applies.
* mainly working on JMAP spec updates last week. They are ready to land
on master.* Need to update Cassandane repository because tests are breaking.
* Will split 3.0 tests out against 3.1 tests.
* Also - the Cassandane tests - there are 3 sources of timezone data.
Only third option (vzic) is the good one.* libical database doesn't include GMT timezones.
* 4th option - bundle our timezone database with source distro.
* hard on sysadmins - because you have to keep multiple timezone
databases updated. Already a mess, so??? how do we untangle?* Ken: could create a tool which monitors IANA and pulls down updates
and rebuilds? Maybe, but some people might not want to run it.* Two decisions: what to do at FastMail vs what to do for upstream
* from FastMail - it's not a big deal to rebuild cyrus 2-3 times per
year.* Deliberately omitting them in libical right now. Probably because
strictly not an Olson name.* For now - look at cyruslibs libical and add support for Etc timezones.
* Not totally sure what to work on next. Will update tomorrow.
* One of the issues is mailbox selects for unknown files pile up locks
in the lock directory.
* mentioning about vagrant earlier. Couldn't get it working, will talk
to robn/marc later this week.* Will get it running on a cloud instance somewhere.
* Got it working on desktop at work - it's pretty cool - has a full
stack running.* Last week - a lot of time on something trivial - #2086
* Trying to debug calendaring issue on Android - customer issue -
pairing with Matt (FM support) to understand more of calendars to
reproduce.* Have more information than had last week, so hopefully progress.
* Have a few more bugs on github working on - will be pairing for Rob
later this week for IOERROR bug.* Spent time with Chris Davies fixing cyrus.works issues.
* Multi-level docker instance directly exposed to the internet, so lots
of workarounds to restrict access.
* nothing exciting this week - small doc fixes
* email about changing release structure - does it make sense to
everybody? Yes, everybody fine with it.* regarding CI - have working setup with cyrus.works, but it has issues
with manual work needed for libs update. - Relies heavily on Chris right now.
- many of the scripts are known only to Chris.
- idea is to see if we can get Jenkins working better with existing
system, and each have own branches working against Jenkins. - some tickets for features - both Chris and Partha will work on them. - wants to know if can completely get rid of Jenkins and use Travis
completely? - One of the goals is to have builds for multiple plaforms, multiple
* nothing exciting this week.
* dicerolls sent
* going away for a while - last conf call for a bit.
* should remove from dicerolls for a bit!
* sync protocol - closest thing to documentation
* loving that travis builds and tests all the pull requests.
* Partha: still need to get cassandane into Travis.
Bron Gondwana, CEO, FastMail Pty Ltd
brong at fastmailteam.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cyrus-devel