Fwd: The future of Cyrus testing

Chris Davies chris at fastmail.com
Tue Aug 22 01:30:59 EDT 2017

Cyrus.works[1] improvements have been on hold for a number of months
while we trial Travis CI and focus on a CI system for Topicbox[2].
We're taking a fresh look at Cyrus test infrastructure and after
several discussions yesterday we've decided to capture the
requirements. So far we have:
 * Essential : Build Cyrus for each commit
 * Essential : Ability to run CUnit Tests
 * Essential : Ability to run Cassandane tests
 * Essential : Ability to build multiple branches
 * Nice to have: Ability to test against FastMail & Topicbox code
 * Nice to have : Performance testing : Cyrus IMAP
 * Nice to have : Performance metrics : Cyrus build + Cassandane tests
 * Nice to have: Increase platform coverage. We currently only test
   Debian at Cyrus.works
 * Nice to have: regular run of "make distcheck" (this is long, maybe
   only run it once a week)
 * Bonus points: run CUnit and Cassandane tests across the tarball
   produced by successful "make distcheck"
If you have any additional requirements and don't have access to Liquid
Planner (FastMail's internal planning tool), please email me your
suggestion and I'll add them to the list for review.
Chris