Small hiccups on server config

Nicola Nye nicolan at fastmail.com
Thu Jul 16 00:49:39 EDT 2015

G'day,

I was just checking through our fabulous server basic setup guide
(thoughtfully written by Conrad) and noted that he had a few issues
making some changes persistent. Are these normal (surely not) or a
peculiarity of his system or a symptom of some extra config that's
missing? (Could there be some Docker interactions, perhaps?)

The items in question:

1. Creating a user with saslpasswd2 needs to be redone on every machine
restart

2. The /var/run/cyrus/socket folder disappears on machine restart and
also needs to be recreated.

https://docs.cyrus.foundation/imap/developer/basicserver.html

   Nicola