Small hiccups on server config

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Thu Jul 16 09:52:15 EDT 2015

On 07/16/15 14:49 +1000, Nicola Nye wrote:
>G'day,
>
>I was just checking through our fabulous server basic setup guide
>(thoughtfully written by Conrad) and noted that he had a few issues
>making some changes persistent. Are these normal (surely not) or a
>peculiarity of his system or a symptom of some extra config that's
>missing? (Could there be some Docker interactions, perhaps?)
>
>The items in question:
>
>1. Creating a user with saslpasswd2 needs to be redone on every machine
>restart

I have not seen this problem pop up before. There will be an underlying
database (e.g. berkeley) on the filesystem which holds the credentials, and
perhaps is going missing.

Also, saslauthd is an unnecessary layer in the authentication process, for
this guide's setup.

>2. The /var/run/cyrus/socket folder disappears on machine restart and
>also needs to be recreated.

Permissions problem? Or perhaps it's for the same reason as above. Are
these on temporary filesystems?

--
Dan White