Meeting Notes Feb 20

Matt matt at mattkeenan.net
Fri Feb 20 06:00:40 EST 2015

On 20/02/15 10:25, Robert Norris wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Feb 2015, at 08:50 PM, Bron Gondwana wrote:
>> * Jenkins - ci.cyrusimap.org - need to get it work again and following
>> key branches
>
> For straight-up build testing, there is travis-ci.org, and its Github
> integration. We can do it ourselves with Jenkins of course, but free
> tools that someone else maintains is always interesting :)
I concur; using a free to open source CI solution would probably be
better for us, doubly if it integrates with github. I've heard good
things about TravisCI.

>> * Other test framework?  Package builds/architectures supported.
>> Non-Intel will need to find someone to provide hardware.
>
> There have in the past been multi-architecture compile farms
> available, eg:
>
>   https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CompileFarm
>   http://www.snakebite.net/
>
> Not sure what state either of those are in. And there's possibly
> others. Alas, the only one I have used, at Sourceforge, died years ago.
I know some hardware labs people at Oracle, I could ask nicely if they
have a build farm that we could send jobs to.

>> * Test infrastructure and task management system is needed to keep track
>> of what's being worked on.
>
> I'm happy to help out with infrastructure support and other random
> tech crap if necessary - especially for the busy programmers and
> documenters and testers that have better things to do that figuring
> out how to install random $server. Just yell on this list or privately
> or in #cyrus or whatever. Bron, you own my time anyway, so volunteer
> me for stuff if you like :)

I have a DevOps background, so I can do infrastructure stuff and code
stuff as well; between Rob and myself we could make reasonably sure
there is someone available at most times (I'm in the UK so we'd have
most of the clock covered).

Matt