commit "mboxevent: Rewrite JSON formatting"

Sébastien Michel sebastien.michel at atos.net
Fri Aug 24 05:36:51 EDT 2012

2012/8/24 Greg Banks <gnb at fastmail.fm>:

> I wouldn't describe RHEL 5 and 6 as "old" yet, their end of production dates are in 2017 and 2020 respectively.
>
> https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata/
You're right.

> Running such systems out to a large fraction of their vendors' nominal production lifespan is a perfectly sensible approach for a site to take, and I don't see a valid reason to exclude such folks from being able to contribute to the project via git as well as just use it. Just because their CIO has a desire for stability does not exclude them from Freedom #1
>
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
>
> Sébastien, it might be easiest to copy a recent working version of the PKG_CHECK_MODULES macro into cmulocal/ so it works on all current platforms. Assuming of course licencing allows. You may need to rename it to ensure the correct version is used, I'm not sure what the include priority is.
I saw that calling twice AC_SUBST is not a problem (see
http://www.flameeyes.eu/autotools-mythbuster/pkgconfig/pkg_check_modules.html#idp1016352).
There is therefore any more dependency on the version of pkg-config.
Your solution is also a good one.

> Also, thanks for coming back with the revisions, I really appreciate your efforts. Unfortunately until today I've been up to my ears in fixing Cyrus search and now I'm going on holiday, so I won't be able to give your work the attention it deserves for some time.

I appreciated your code review and your comments very constructive and informed.