Automake Support for cyrus-imapd 2.5

Дилян Палаузов dilyan.palauzov at aegee.org
Sat Apr 14 19:31:54 EDT 2012

Hello,

at git://demo.aegee.org:143/cyrus-imapd.git , branch dpa/automake I have
patched cyrus-imapd/master to support Automake .

With the exception of perl and CUnit, I it works fine and permits
building in a directory, different from the source directory.  All
dependencies are moved to a single Makefile.am (except CUnit and Perl).
  The point with CUnit is, that I did not manage to get it running on my
system, so I left it as is.  The Makefile's generated from Makefile.PL
do not permit compiling perl files in a directory, different from the
source directory.

I do not have the purify-tool, so I was not able to compile the
imap/imap.pure, imap/imap.quant, imap/lmtpd.pure, imap/muptead.pure,
imtest/imtest.pure, notifyd/notifyd.pure, ptclient/ptdump.pure,
ptclient/ptexpire.pure, ptclient/ptloader.pure and
timsieved/timsieved.pure targets.  Those are not transferred to
Makefile.am .  I guess, the one who use those pure-things, can easily
extend Makefile.am to support them.

"make dist" shall build .tar.bz2 including all files.  However I have
copied the dist-target from the old Makefile.in, removed all
Makefile.dist files.  The one who make tarballs/snapshots shall consider
if it is wiser to use the Automake system to make tarballs, or the
system used so far (with git).  So or so, the xversion.h file needs to
be generated by git.

I hope you will like the result.  Let me know, if you experience any
(compilation) problems, after merging the changes.  I will respond promptly.

By the way, when approximately will be v2.5 released?

Със здраве
   Дилян