Cyrus Roadmap [Was Re: Cross-compiling Cyrus in Buildroot]

Sébastien Michel sebastien.michel at atosorigin.com
Mon Jun 27 12:13:25 EDT 2011

> > I see that it is planned to support IMAP ANNOTATE (RFC5257). It would be
> > great!
> > However I think you mean support IMAP METADATA (RFC 5464) ?
>
> Both actually!  We already support METADATA on master, pretty much.
> But it is hacked on over the top of the old ANNOTATEMORE code.  We
> plan to clean that up as well.
>
> Really! I will read deeper the code of the master branch to learn more on
that :)
Do you add a new per-user database for ANNOTATE extension or reuse the
database annotation_db ?

> Cross-folder conversations is very popular. I would be delighted to see
> master
> > / master replication in Cyrus. Is there any way to contribute to these
> > efforts?
>
> Sure!  If you have someone who wants to learn about how the replication
> system works now and what's necessary to get master/master working I
> would love to chat to them.

There is a nice documentation provided by David Carter to start learning
about Cyrus replication. Secondly deep into the code should be enough.

> The main thing isn't mailbox replication, it's side things like sieve
> script replication, ACLs, etc.  Stuff that doesn't have a history or
> change number on it at the moment, so you can't reconcile which end is
> correct if they don't match.
>
> Yes. And another issue is race condition on multi-master

> > Regarding the next 2.5. We would be able to provide event notifications
> > based on RFC 5423 (Internet Message Store Events). I will start a new
> thread
> > to discuss on this topic.
>
> Excellent.  I'm sorry I haven't got back to you on your features.  I know
> you have a lot of interesting things to add, and I'd love to chat to you
> more about them.  It's good to see other groups than just CMU and FastMail
> working on Cyrus!

It's OK. Some of us are able to chat on these features.

Regards,
Sébastien