Cyrus Roadmap [Was Re: Cross-compiling Cyrus in Buildroot]

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Jun 27 11:24:08 EDT 2011

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 15:12 +0200, "Sébastien Michel" <sebastien.michel at atosorigin.com> wrote:
> > I'm hoping to release a Cyrus 2.5 in a few months - the blockers are
> > a couple more RFC compatibility issues, and adding per-message
> > annotations.
> >
> > http://www.cyrusimap.org/mediawiki/index.php/RoadMap
> >

> I see that it is planned to support IMAP ANNOTATE (RFC5257). It would be
> great!
> However I think you mean support IMAP METADATA (RFC 5464) ?

Both actually!  We already support METADATA on master, pretty much.
But it is hacked on over the top of the old ANNOTATEMORE code.  We
plan to clean that up as well.

> Cross-folder conversations is very popular. I would be delighted to see master
> / master replication in Cyrus. Is there any way to contribute to these
> efforts?

Sure!  If you have someone who wants to learn about how the replication
system works now and what's necessary to get master/master working I
would love to chat to them.

The main thing isn't mailbox replication, it's side things like sieve
script replication, ACLs, etc.  Stuff that doesn't have a history or
change number on it at the moment, so you can't reconcile which end is
correct if they don't match.

> Regarding the next 2.5. We would be able to provide event notifications
> based on RFC 5423 (Internet Message Store Events). I will start a new thread
> to discuss on this topic.

Excellent.  I'm sorry I haven't got back to you on your features.  I know
you have a lot of interesting things to add, and I'd love to chat to you
more about them.  It's good to see other groups than just CMU and FastMail
working on Cyrus!

Regards,

  brong at fastmail.fm