Bugzilla cleanup

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Oct 12 09:54:36 EDT 2010

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2010, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
> > 2) Close the bugs that are not RESOLVED or CLOSED by mass-updating them,
> > providing some text saying that either the bug must be reproducible in a
> > currently supported version, or the reporter somehow proves to us its
> > commitment in getting the issue resolved (insert a link to the wiki page
> > on "ways to contribute").
>
> Shouldn't the mass-close list be subject to a human cleanup to weed out
> [from closing] bugs that still obviously apply to current code, or which
> look important enough that we shouldn't send it to no man's land without
> further attention?

Should there be any bugs that obviously still apply to the current code, then
for the 2.1 series, these bugs have apparently been idle for about 5 years,
without proper follow-up from either side.

Hence, for the closing of bugs, we would send out a notification to the
reporter, anyone in CC:, as long as these individuals have set their
preferences to be notified about changes to the bug through email. If they
have not, then virtually any manual cleanup will turn out to be pointless as
well; the questions never reach anyone significant anyways.

That said though, is there an example you have in mind, or are we merely
speculating on the hypothetical?

Kind regards,

--
Jeroen van Meeuwen