FastMail.FM cyrus patches for review

Dave McMurtrie dave64 at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jan 28 08:41:01 EST 2009

Bron Gondwana wrote:
> Here are all the FastMail patches that I think are candidates
> for upstream.
>
> I've love feedback and/or code review on them.  They're all in
> production on our servers now.
>
> Unfortunately, the CVS import/export stuff for git is remarkably
> less nice to use than the equivalent SVN stuff, so I'm actually
> tracking a slightly older CVS than current.
>
> So - CMU people.  Any plan to replace your aging CVS install with
> something modern?

Our primary goal is always focused on providing the best possible e-mail
service to the CMU community, so if replacing CVS makes Ken's job easier
or makes it easier for outside folks to contribute to the Cyrus code
base we'd be behind it.

I know you've been using git and seem to be pleased with it.  Is there
anything else you have in mind?

Ken ultimately outvotes me in this decision since he's the primary
in-house user of the Cyrus CVS repository.  If changing it makes him
unhappy, that would make me unhappy, too :)

Thanks,

Dave
--
Dave McMurtrie, SPE