"Cyrus IMAP4" to "Cyrus IMAP" accidental change of greeting?

Rob Mueller robm at fastmail.fm
Thu Apr 2 18:39:10 EDT 2009

> I do not know if there is a different test method that could answer this
> question. It is not feasable to try to set the annotation on a  test
> folder for each connection IMO. So best would be if there would be a
> SHAREDSEEN
> or so capability.

I think you misread that.

Ken said:

---
> GETANNOTATION <mboxname> "/vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/sharedseen" "value"
>
> If you get an empty response, then no shared seen state.  Otherwise, the
> value will tell you if its enabled on the given mailbox.
---

You don't need to "set the annotation", you just need to see if the
annotation exists by using GETANNOTATION. Note that there's a difference
between getting back a value (whether true/false) vs getting nothing back.
If you get back a value at all, then it's supported, if you get nothing
back, then it isn't.

Since INBOX is always guarnateed to exist as a folder, you can do:

tag GETANNOTATION INBOX "/vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/sharedseen" "value"

And see if you get a response back or not.

Rob