Problem with skiplist

Paul Fisher pnfisher at berkeley.edu
Thu Sep 11 17:57:32 EDT 2008

Bron Gondwana wrote:

> You really, really want a new version of cyrusdb_skiplist.c!  I
> recommend the attached one.  It's 2.3.12 plus the patches that will
> go into 2.3.13.

On a somewhat related note, we're planning to upgrade our production
Cyrus cluster tomorrow evening from 2.3.7 to 2.3.12p2 with a handful
of patches.  While skiplist has been mostly good to us in 2.3.7, we
had been planning to apply the following skiplist patches:

     cyrus-skiplist-locking-rework-2.3.12.diff
     cyrus-skiplist-safeunlock-2.3.12.diff

The code attached to your most recent message includes
"cyrus-skiplist-tuning-2.3.10.diff", which had not previously been
mentioned as an upstream candidate for 2.3.13, as well as a change to
"struct txn" to add "*next_txn" (and related code) that doesn't appear
to be part of the current set of FastMail patches or CVSHEAD.

Could you expand a bit on what skiplist code you're planning to push
upstream for 2.3.13?

Thanks,

Paul