Two bug fix patches

Rudy Gevaert Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be
Fri Sep 14 02:07:53 EDT 2007

David Carter wrote:
> Both at:
>
>   http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~dpc22/cyrus/patches/2.3cvs/
>
> write_searchaddr.patch
> ======================
>
> Spend some time this afternoon working out why the make_md5 databases on
> my shiny new Cyrus 2.3 mailstores were going nuts: "Cache Mismatch".
>
> Eventually worked out that if a message is delivered by LMTP to several
> recipients, then the first recipient gets a correct ENVELOPE, but all
> the following recipients get an lcase()ed version. The reason is that
> append_fromstage() in 2.3 reuses the "struct body" calculated for the
> first recipient. Unfortunately there are some lcase() calls in the
> middle of message_write_cache() which overwrite fields in that structure.
>
> The incorrect cyrus.cache entries are replicated as is by sync_client
> "UPLOAD PARSED", so master and replica are typically both incorrect.

I'm running a mailstore with fastmail.fm patch for  uuidmode: md5.

Should I worry?  It seems to me I should.

Also, can I change the uuidmode to normal again with a consequences?

Thanks in advance,
Rudy Gevaert          Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be          tel:+32 9 264 4734
Directie ICT, afd. Infrastructuur ICT Department, Infrastructure office
Groep Systemen                    Systems group
Universiteit Gent                 Ghent University
Krijgslaan 281, gebouw S9, 9000 Gent, Belgie               www.UGent.be