Cyrus IMAPd, auxprop and canon_user plugins?

Dilyan Palauzov Dilyan.Palauzov at aegee.org
Sat Sep 30 00:31:17 EDT 2006

Hello Torsten,

	Why not forward the mails for xy12345 to a mailbox with a corresponding
e-mail (call it user12345)? The idea is, when people authenticate with
the user name user12345, to access a mailbox called user12345.

	First use cyradm to create a mailbox user12345, then

1. you have both /var/spool/imap/user/xy12345 and
/var/spool/imap/user/user12345 . Delete the latter and create a symlink
in /var/spool/imap/user/ user12345 -> xy12345 . In this way the users
can authenticate with their user12345 data, access the mailbox
user12345, but this will be in fact xy12345 .
N.B. When deleting a user first remove the symlink, then create
(manually) /var/spool/imap/user12345, and copy to it the content of a
newly created mailbox, then you can delete both mailboxes over cyradm ;

2. make the MTA's alias file to forward the mails for xy12345 to user12345 ;

3. The 2. option is not always possible, e.g. I cannot force sendmail to
forward mails to mailboxes containing spaces. You can create a sieve
script for xy12345 using by default, keeping the xy12345 mailbox always
empty.
	require "fileinto"
	fileinto user.user12345

or	require "redirect"
	redirect user12345
and so on, depending on the availability of user's sieve files.

	As regarding the authentication, you can use
	sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
	run saslauthd -a pam
and then configure the access in /etc/pam.d/imap over pam (that's what I
use).

	Greetings,
		Дилян