reconstruct should not destroy a readable cyrus.expunge.

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Fri Aug 11 11:09:27 EDT 2006

On 11 Aug 2006, at 10:17, Ken Murchison wrote:
> Are we in agreement?  Paul's patch (bug #2866) actually unexpunges
> the messages.  I thought that folks we arguing that cyrus.expunge
> and the references messages should be left alone and omitted from
> cyrus.index.

Yeah, I didn't like Paul's patch, so I asked him to start a
discussion here, as to what the right solution is.  My position is
that the right solution would be to leave cyrus.expunge alone, unless
it was unreadable.  If it were unreadable, the messages should be
unexpunged.  Any validation of cyrus.expunge is also welcome.

>> then we will submit a patch.  We're also having issues with non-
>> unique mailbox IDs.  I'd like reconstruct to detect non-unique
>> mailbox IDs and assign new mailbox IDs as appropriate.  Any
>> comments on that?
>
> Sounds reasonable.

Cool.

:wes