reconstruct should not destroy a readable cyrus.expunge.

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Aug 8 11:59:30 EDT 2006

Paul Turgyan wrote:

> I'm looking at the code for reconstruct,  and it seems weird to me that
> reconstruct,
> after verifying a "good" cyrus.expunge file,  that it deletes all the
> referenced mail
> files and then deletes the cyrus.expunge file.
>
> If the cyrus.expunge file can be read,  shouldn't we just verify that
> all the referenced
> message files are readable,  and then leave cyrus.expunge alone?   Maybe
> if there
> are referenced  message files missing or unreadable,  we could rewrite the
> cyrus.expunge file removing the missing files.

Since cyrus.expunge only contained expunged messages, what is the harm
in removing them?  This will happen eventually with cyr_expire.

Is your concern that a user will want to unexpunge the messages in
between the time that the mailbox is reconstructed and cyr_expire is run?

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer