reconstruct should not destroy a readable cyrus.expunge.

Paul Turgyan pturgyan at umich.edu
Tue Aug 8 10:54:49 EDT 2006

I'm looking at the code for reconstruct,  and it seems weird to me
that reconstruct,
after verifying a "good" cyrus.expunge file,  that it deletes all the
referenced mail
files and then deletes the cyrus.expunge file.

If the cyrus.expunge file can be read,  shouldn't we just verify that
all the referenced
message files are readable,  and then leave cyrus.expunge alone?
Maybe if there
are referenced  message files missing or unreadable,  we could
rewrite the
cyrus.expunge file removing the missing files.

paul turgyan