imapd logging for mail deletion/creation

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Sep 13 11:21:20 EDT 2005

Hi Scott,

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 10:43:44AM -0400, Scott Adkins wrote:
> At first glance, it looks pretty good.

I reveal that I do not how who are the ones with access
to the cyrus repository and what the latest CVS version says.

If that looks okay, could this be integrated?

> We are doing something very similar
> in our environment.  We log deliveries of e-mails, but not deletions or
> movement of e-mails between folders.  What we were particularly interested
> in were the deletion/creation/renaming of mailboxes, which is the extra
> logging code we added, similar to the patch you showed.  We also do the
> same for ACL creates/changes.

I can see how logging this can be interesting, too.
I would wish for a soltion that can log all this, can be configured
and comes with cyrus imapd by default.

Best,
	Bernhard