imapd logging for mail deletion/creation

Scott Adkins adkinss at ohio.edu
Tue Sep 13 10:43:44 EDT 2005

At first glance, it looks pretty good.  We are doing something very similar
in our environment.  We log deliveries of e-mails, but not deletions or
movement of e-mails between folders.  What we were particularly interested
in were the deletion/creation/renaming of mailboxes, which is the extra
logging code we added, similar to the patch you showed.  We also do the
same for ACL creates/changes.  Both sets of operations operate on the
mailboxes.db files and are slower operations in general (locking, etc),
so we wanted to monitor the time it took to complete the operations, and
we wanted to verify that when we upgraded to the new version (the one we
are running now), the time would decrease substantially as a result (which
it did!).

Scott

      Scott W. Adkins                http://www.cns.ohiou.edu/~sadkins/
   UNIX Systems Engineer                  mailto:adkinss at ohio.edu
        ICQ 7626282                 Work (740)593-9478 Fax (740)593-1944
     PGP Public Key available at http://www.cns.ohiou.edu/~sadkins/pgp/