imapd logging for mail deletion/creation

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Sep 13 05:50:01 EDT 2005

It seems we are in a better need of logging
so answer questions which client or MTA has created or deleted specific emails.

More details can be found here:
https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue928

Out of time pressure we did not find something good
and Bernhard Herzog created a quick hack (also linked from issue928 above).
I am attaching it here for convenience.
Warning: This is experimental,
we do not know if it actually logs everything.

Does it look okay for the purpose?
Were we missing a method to answer the question without it?
What would be the right way of implementing such logging?

Any hints appreciated.

	Bernhard