alice-teacher Alice Final Project presentations

Laurie Cohen lscteach at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 16:06:06 EDT 2016

Yes, my students usually create a video on their final project and then I
create a private Youtube Playlist, which I cycle thru on the hall monitor
during Parent-Teacher Night. We also did this, so we could be included in
the "Science Fair" that everyone else in the school was participating in.
Since my students were in Computer Science instead of Lab sciences, at
first they were excluded. Then we created a station, with posters and we
printed out various Alice screens and the code for many of their projects.
The students took turns manning the Science Fair station, tp explain what
they did, while controlling the Youtube videos. Everyone loved it-parents,
visitors to the Science Fair (it is open to the community), teachers, and
it also helped to recruit students for future years!

Laurie Cohen
Yeshiva of Greater Washington
Silver Spring, Maryland

*Laurie Solomon Cohen*