alice-teacher Walking People

Don Slater don at alice.org
Thu Nov 3 10:37:32 EDT 2016

The galleries for all versions of Alice are the same… What has happened is that we consolidated the People gallery so many (but not all) of the people in that gallery now have walk as a behavior.

We did this in the interest of reducing download size, not wanting two objects, one that could walk and one that could not.

We did not give it to all the people, as teaching an object to walk is an interesting problem - the first time.

People objects that can walk:
	AliceLiddell
	BlueBallerine
	Boy
	Cinderella
	CleanLabWorker
	Coach
	Cowboy
	EskimoGirl
	EvilNinja
	HandsomePrince
	Jock
	Girl
	LunchLady
	Mad Scientist
	MaleBalletDancer
	Mana
	PinkBallerina
	RandomGirl2
	RandomGirl3
	Rockette
	Roommate
	Scientist_Woman
	ScubaDiver
	Sister1
	Sister2
	Sparky
	Student1
	Teacher
	ToySoldier

rebuilder and sheBuilder also have built in walk behaviors (along with some others)… If you cannot find heBuilder / sheBuilder, go to Edit: Preferences: Seldom Used and click on the "show rebuilder / shebuilde” option.

You may also determine if an object has a built-in walk method (or other methods for that matter), by clicking on the object in the gallery, and the dialog box that comes up will show a list of built-in methods… (See attached screen shot)…

Let us know if you have any other questions…

Later,
Don Slater