alice-teacher grading work

Moran, Deborah - The Academy - Teacher deborah.moran at bgreen.kyschools.us
Tue Mar 15 15:14:06 EDT 2016

I have used google classroom, but found that .aw2 files I uploaded directly to classroom often get corrupted. They seem to get recognized as some sort if compressed file and this creates problems.

I have had students email me their files directly as attachments,  which worked better, although school email often has size limits for attachments. This year, I have had students create a work folder on their google drive and share it with me. This has worked out very well.

I have google drive installed on my work and home computers, so I see the files as local. I place the "shared" folders in a central location on my google drive to make them easy to find (and rename folders for those who cannot or will not follow instructions.) Students upload all completed work to their folder on drive and I am able to easily run, check, and provide feedback on their work. This also eliminates the multiple instances of submitted assignments created by google classroom when files are returned for revision.

Deborah L. Moran
Mathematics and Technology Teacher
Hour of Code Coordinator
The Academy at Eleventh Street
877 E 11th Ave<geo:0,0?q=877%20E%2011th%20Ave%20%20Bowling%20Green%20KY%2042101>
<geo:0,0?q=877%20E%2011th%20Ave%20%20Bowling%20Green%20KY%2042101>
Bowling Green, KY 42101<geo:0,0?q=877%20E%2011th%20Ave%20%20Bowling%20Green%20KY%2042101>
VOX: 270.746.2321<tel:270.746.2321>
FAX: 270.746.2321
http://www.bgreen.kyschools.us/olc/teacher.aspx?s=999<http://www.b-g.k12.ky.us/olc/teacher.aspx?s=999>
Even if you think you don't love Math, Math loves you.
Don't believe me ?  Solve for "i".
9x - 7i > 3(3x - 7u).