alice-teacher Alice on latest Mac OS (El Capitan)

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Oct 1 19:17:18 EDT 2015

For those of you who have installed, or are thinking of installing the latest version of the Mac OS (El Capitan), you may see an error dialog box indicating that you Alice requires a Java 6.0 Legacy Edition in order to run. (See the attached screen shot).

Click on the  “More Info…” button, or go to the following web link to download and install the update

	http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572 <http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572>

Alice 2 and 3 seem to run without issue under El Capitan after the update, but of course your mileage may vary, and we want to hear of any problems you might have.

Alice seems to be behaving under Windows 10, but we do hear of isolated problems. we do not yet have enough information on Alice and Windows 10 to be abe to identify specific issues. Please let us know when you have problems.

Alice Team
Carnegie Mellon University
Entertainment Technology Center
700 Technology Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15219

Email: dslater at cmu.edu <mailto:dslater at cmu.edu>

I have learned this at least by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
--- Henry David Thoreau

The true object of all human life is play. -- G.K. Chesterton