alice-teacher Projectile physics, arrow orientation (With attachment)

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Oct 1 19:16:55 EDT 2015

Nick,
If I understand your question correctly,

1) In Scene Setup (click on Add Objects), click on the “More Controls” button.
2) Use your mouse control buttons to position the arrow into the correct location and orientation so that it is in the draw position that you want.
3) Making sure that you have selected the arrow in the object tree, click on the “drop dummy at selected object button”
4) In your Camera Angles folder, rename the new dummy something i.e. “arrowStart”
5) In the “arrowfire” method, replace the do together that uses your spheres for alignment  with an “arrow.set point of view to arrowStart” statement.

Let me know if you have any other questions…

Alice Team
Carnegie Mellon University
Entertainment Technology Center
700 Technology Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15219

Email: dslater at cmu.edu <mailto:dslater at cmu.edu>

I have learned this at least by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
--- Henry David Thoreau

The true object of all human life is play. -- G.K. Chesterton