alice-teacher Graphic Computer Programming Additional Curriculum

Edward Bujak edward_bujak at hotmail.com
Thu May 15 10:35:29 EDT 2014

I have taught a high school Intro CS semester course with Processing http://processing.org/Processing is Java, but with less "overhead." Also Processing (like Alice) does not require an install.  It is a simple executable with support directories and files. Simply drag the files onto the hard drive, USB flash drive, even network drive.
Processing does have it's own IDE to facilitate easier development, but it does involve an edit, compile, test development model.
For a live dynamically interactive Processing development, check out the Khan Academy's CS track.https://www.khanacademy.org/computing/cswhich is Processing brought to your browser (no installs).  This is done with Processing.js a JavaScript Library to bring Processing into the browser.Here you can control variables by simply hovering over them and sliding.
 Edward Bujak
Computer IT Professional
Math teacher, Computer Science teacher
CSTA-Philly Vice President
Cell: 267-467-4312
My Diigo Library     My wiki     ooVoo ebujakMy profiles:  Facebook  LinkedIn  Flickr  Twitter  YouTube  Delicious  Blogger  Google PlusContact me:  ebujak  ebujak