alice-teacher HELP! Mac OS updated and now Alice won't open

David Riley riley at cs.uwlax.edu
Wed Oct 30 16:43:31 EDT 2013

This sounds like an issue that resulted from a somewhat stronger security configuration that is supported in the latest version, called "Mavericks", of OSX.  The operating system is warning that the application has been downloaded from an "untrusted" site so double-clicking doesn't start the application.  One way to work around the problem is to right-click (CTRL-click) on the application and select the Open option from the resulting menu.  This pops up another window that allows the user to "open" (run) the application.

	dave riley