alice-teacher HELP! Mac OS updated and now Alice won't open

James Vanderhyde jvanderhyde at benedictine.edu
Wed Oct 30 16:01:12 EDT 2013

Sandy, try this:
http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/os-x-tweaks/app-cant-be-opened-because-it-was-not-downloaded-from-the-mac-app-store-fix-2/

This is how it was done in "Mountain Lion," the previous OS version. I haven't installed Mavericks yet but think the steps will be the same.

James
--
Dr. James Vanderhyde
Math and Computer Science

On Oct 30, 2013, at 1:38 PM, Sandy Graham <sandyg at gvtc.com<mailto:sandyg at gvtc.com>> wrote:

One of my students has an Apple laptop.  He recently updated his operating system and now Alice won’t open.  He just tried redownloading the program from thewww.Alice.org<http://www.alice.org/> web site, but that didn’t help.  The error message reads:

                “Alice” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
                “Alice” is on the disk image “Alice2.3b-2.dmg”. Safari downloaded this disk image today at 1:18 PM from www.alice.org<http://www.alice.org/>

All we changed with the download is the date and time of the download in the error message.  I really don’t know Macs very well at all.  Can anyone please help me figure out how my student can get back into Alice, which was working just fine before he updated his operating system?  The update is called OS X Mavericks.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Your sister in Christ,

Sandy Graham