alice-teacher Use in Elementary Schools?

Tom Parker TParker at nwsd.org
Mon Dec 2 12:58:52 EST 2013

 I teach Alice to all fifth graders in my building.  Approximately 75 students and have done so for 8 years.

-----Original Message-----From: Don Slater <dslater at andrew.cmu.edu>Sent: 12/2/2013 12:44:00 PMTo: Alice Teachers <alice-teachers at lists.andrew.cmu.edu>Cc: Marianne LeDonne <mld at BVIU.org>Subject: alice-teacher Use in Elementary
Schools?
Has Alice been used in elementary schools?I'm applying for an NSF grant, Discovery Research K-12, that will serve K-12 grade students in two counties and
15 school districts. We want to put FAB Labs in 7 high schools, Smart Labs in 10 elementary school for grades 2-6, and teach programming using Alice for all
K-9 grade students. I did not see any reference to anyone having done this yet. Can you tell me if anyone has and where?Thank you for all of your
help!My application is due December 6. I would have contacted you sooner, but I thought I'd find the information on your website.I think the
program ROCKS and appreciate any help you can give me.MarianneMarianne LeDonneDirector of Educational InnovationBeaver Valley
Intermediate Unit #27147 Poplar DriveMonaca, PA 15061Phone: 724-774-7800 Ext. 3017Mobile: 724-462-8125Fax: 724-774-4751
e-mail: mld at bviu.org<mailto:mld at bviu.org> <mailto:mld at bviu.org><mailto:mld at bviu.org>VO: Virtual Office<
http://208.40.161.90:80/join_meeting.html?meetingId=1210177049577><http://208.40.161.90/join_meeting.html?meetingId=1210177049577>Web Site:
alice-teachers at lists.andrew.cmu.edu