alice-teacher ALICE training

Sharon Flinspach sharon.flinspach at fairfieldsfuture.org
Wed Sep 12 14:08:48 EDT 2012

I wouldn't necessarily give up on Visual Basic.  Yes, VB6 is outdated, but
you could try Visual Basic 2010.  Our local community college (in Iowa)
teaches it as part of their Software Development program, and I am teaching
the course this year for community college credit.  And, Microsoft just
recently released VB 2012 as well.  However, in support of Alice, they also
teach Alice as their very first programming language, and I could teach it
for community college credit as well.

You might see if any community colleges might teach Alice in the DFW area
of Texas.  I imagine we do things differently in Iowa than in Texas, so
perhaps that won't work.

Best Wishes!
Sharon Flinspach
Fairfield High School
Fairfield, Iowa

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Ott, Adrian A <aott at dentonisd.org> wrote:

> *I am in the DFW area of Texas. Does anyone know of any face-to-face
> training in implementing ALICE in the classroom. I have used Visual Basic 6
> for years in my beginning Computer Science class. However, it is outdated
> and Microsoft no longer supports it. I am looking for a language that has
> students using graphics from the very beginning. So I want to learn ALICE
> to see if it will fit my students’ needs. Any suggestions would be
> appreciated.*
>
> * *
>
> Adrian Ott****
>
> Ryan High School ****
>
> Room 126****
>
> Computer Science 1, AP Computer Science, Algebra2****
>
> 940.369.3165****
>
> ** **

Confidentiality Statement: This message is intended only for the use of the
Addressee and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.
If you are not the intended recipient, dissemination of this communication
is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
erase all copies of the message and its attachments and notify the sender
immediately. Thank you.