alice-teacher Common repository for shared resources

Keith Golebie kgolebie at ellwood.k12.pa.us
Sat Oct 13 09:02:40 EDT 2012

Don,

Would it be possible to do both on the same site?  An open section for everyone, especially students, and a secure area with a logon for teachers.  Having them both on the same site would be great. I have a few students that are working ahead independently, and a single resource would be great.

Just want to tell you once again what a success Alice has been here in EC. We have used Alice to get the technology ball rolling and it has delivered. In fact, I have several students this year who are not in the programming class, but are working through the course on their own, just following along with what we are doing. I have quite a few students who have installed it at home, and are really making progress. One student told me just yesterday, that last weekend she went on a 9 hour car trip with her family to visit relatives and spent the entire car ride working on Alice! To me that's amazing, for a high school student.  That's been another bonus. Last year, our first year with programming, the class was all males. This year, we have quite a few young ladies taking programming. We were able to do some encouraging last year, demonstrating with Alice, and it paid off.

Thanks for all you guys do to support us out here in the classroom!

Keith

Mr. Golebie
kgolebie at ellwood.k12.pa.us
Rm 219  x3219