alice-teacher Common repository for shared resources

Gamez, Enrique A (3012) enrique.a.gamez at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Oct 13 02:43:18 EDT 2012

I'm a simple home-schooling father trying to teach my kids Alice v3, so take my advice with a grain of salt.  I don't see what the concern is with having problem/exercise solutions available to students.  Don't they still have to follow certain steps to create the videos?  Don't you factor into exercises a certain amount of creativity which throws a wrench into standardized tests or solutions that could be copied?  Once kids are out of school:  life is an "open book test".  Some kids will always try to cheat their way through a class.  They will reap what they sow.  Just move on.  Life's too short.

I say, let information be free.  There are enough road blocks and undocumented features in Alice to stop even us teachers dead in our tracks (until Don is able to come to our rescue) without us making programming that much harder.

My 2 cents,
-e